SHANGLA: A hotel and shop were gutted at Puran tehsil here on Tuesday.
Police officials said that fire erupted at Sardaryab Hotel at Kotkay area due to leakage of gas cylinder, which engulfed the hotel within minutes. They said that fire tenders reached the site, but it was too late.
They said that the locals and fire tenders brought the blaze under control after two hours of hectic efforts.
In another incident, a mobile phone shop was gutted at Aloch bazaar. The traders said that the fire started due to short circuit and spread to the entire shop, destroying all the goods. The owners of the hotel and shop have demanded financial assistance from the government so they could restart their businesses.