SHANGLA: A seven room house was gutted after it got fire at Banda Chena area of Lilonai in Shangla on Thursday, however, the family members managed came out and saved their lives.
The Rescue 1122 spokesperson, Muhammad Rasool Khan, told The Northern Post that fire was erupted in Barkat Ali house due to electric short circuit which engulfed the entire house with no time and spreading to near houses, however, it was extinguished after hectic efforts of the Rescue 1122 team.
He said the there was no road communication to the area and the fight tenders could not be reached, however, the rescue team headed upwards by walk along with equipment and started the rescue operation which took the team three hours to completely bringing the blaze under control.
The rescue spokesperson, said local people and police also took part in the rescue work and saved the rest of houses located along the affected house but the Barkat house was gutted and goods inside it were reduced to ashes.
The gutted house owner, Barkat Ali demanded of the district administration and provincial disaster management authority to help him in rebuilding his house again and provide a shelter him where he could stay with his family.